Here are my notes on a variety of tips related to blogs and blogging from the recent Search Engine Strategies Conference in New York City:
- Use a blog as a way to establish yourself as an expert on a topic.
- Blogs are useful as a natural ranking tool. They attract links to boost the power of your site.
- Blog posts tend to rank well rather quickly. But unless they gain good links, they will fade after 2-3 weeks.
- Link out from a blog and spread the link love.
- You can email photos into Flick’r directly from a camera phone. Then, you can publish them from Flick’r directly into a blog.
- Comment on other people’s blogs as a way to gain exposure for your blog. If you’re one of the early commenters, you’ll get the most attention, since most people don’t read all the comments on a post.