Blizzard is proud to announce a new feature available to current Marketing clients allowing them to add Interactive activity maps to their websites. By partnering with CommunityWalk we have developed a set of best practices for building, embedding, and optimizing maps to not only assist visitors ON your website, they’re designed to bring new business TO your website.
Why Build an Activities Map on My Website?
You can have a custom-built map embedded on your site to integrate seamlessly with the existing pages. You can add multiple optimized photos to each location marker, link to pages on your site from within individual marker descriptions, and even link from a page on your site to a specific marker on your maps page. In addition to integrating the map on your website, you can also easily export it to Google Earth.
- Give your guests the exact locations of your property in relation to local activities, restaurants, landmarks, etc.
- If you have multiple units (i.e. condo or vacation homes), you can put them onto one map that guests can use to easily decide exactly what unit they want to book.
- Increase your search engine exposure.
- Get a jump on your competition.
- Allow guests to easily get driving directions from one location to another.
- Take advantage of one of the newest Internet trends.
Learn more about our options after the jump!
Blizzard’s Map Options
Blizzard offers two options for building content on your website to give your guests what they want – an aggressive Enhanced Activity Map and a Standard Activity Map. Each is only a one time investment for the initial set up. You can also purchase additional support and activity locations to keep your maps up to date.
Example Enhanced Activity Map at VacationsInc.com
Enhanced Activity Map
- You will receive one map embedded on a new or existing page on your site featuring five attraction or activity points.
- Refined location consultation to ensure mapping software puts points exactly where they should be.
Each map point will contain a keyword-rich description along with embedded keyword-rich links to the client’s site and/or the activity/attraction site.
- Three to four photos of your points with keyword-rich tags and descriptions along with optimized file names can be uploaded.
- Map points will be fed to Google Earth. This will also include the ability for your attractions maps and link to be indexed in Google Maps under the User Generated Content Mapping feature.
- Links from the client website can link to the maps page and specific map points will be open when the page is loaded. For example: If you talk about a horseback riding stable on the directions page, you can link internally to your attractions page. A special code would then open the map point specifically for that local horseback riding attraction.
- One time $750 investment.
Standard Activity Map:
- One activity or attraction map with seven points embedded on a new or existing page on your site.
- Each map point will have one photo, a keyword-rich description along with information on the property’s distance from the attraction. The map point will link to the attraction’s website.
- Along with the embedded map, the on-page content will also describe each attraction and its location relative to the property.
- Page will be fully optimized and added to the site map for the site.
- $500 one time investment.
Example Standard Activity Map
Contact your Business Development Manager today to get started! Call us toll-free at 888-840-5893 or firstname.lastname@example.org.