Pretty nice numbers, huh?
We also had someone who experimented with taking brand bidding (bidding on brand name terms, even though the client already ranked in organic for them) on and off their pay-per click accounts. This client was a boutique hotel and was tested for several months. It would seem that bidding on your brand increases the ROI from PPC marketing:
- Raised their click-thru-rates by over 100%
- Rasied their phonecalls from PPC visitors by over 500%
- Raised their “web events” by 1000%
- Decreased their cost-per-visitor by over 50%
- Increased their online revenue from PPC by over 300%
- Increased their overall online revenue by 30%
I wonder if this information on brand bidding will elicit some comments?
Hopefully, many hoteliers and resort mgrs are reading this post saying “I don’t have this data” and are going to email me right now and ask if Blizzard can help revamp their pay-per-click marketing campaign! Really, there are two question here: 1) can you even measure your benefits? 2)How do your metrics compare?
If you are spending a couple of thousand dollars a month on PPC, you really should be sure you are maximizing the return on that investment. My direct line at the office is 970-928-7875 xt. 101 if you would rather call.
Talk to you soon.