Many individuals believe that there is some sort of secret technique or magic formula that will give their travel website overnight, online success. Unfortunately, this is simply not true. In a recent online interview, Matt Cutts and Mike Grehen discuss how there is no one single technique that will make a given website successful in the search engine rankings. Cutts states that there are over 100 factors that Google analyzes in ranking websites. Below are some of the main points from the discussion; they should help clarify what elements make a website highly ranked among the search engines.
- Make sure your site contains useful, relevant, and on-topic information.
- Acquire relevant, long term links from appropriate and authoritative websites.
- Make certain that the search engines can “see” your entire site.
- Cutts says, “Think about what makes your site unique, interesting, or adds value.”
- “Don’t get obsessed with Google rankings alone.”
- Diversify. Focus on a wide variety of services and search engines.
One of my favorite quotes from this discussion came from Matt Cutts. He says, “It is interesting how much of Search Engine Optimization can kind of come back to good ol’ fashioned marketing.” It is important to occasionally step back and remove all of the technological elements out of the internet marketing process and analyze websites from a strictly traditional marketing stand point. This is, in fact, one of Blizzard Internet Marketing’s specialties – we not only keep up with the technological elements of internet marketing, we also have a strong traditional marketing base.
Blizzard Internet Marketing, Inc. can help you implement all the internet marketing tools and strategies listed above to make your travel or tourism website more successful. Please contact your Promotion Account Manager or Team, or call Blizzard Internet Marketing at 888-840-5893, to find out more!
Ambere Cunningham – Blizzard Internet Marketing, Inc.