The International Hotel and Restaurant association is supporting the creation of a new .hotel Top Level Domain (TLD). dotHOTEL (.hotel) will be exclusively dedicated to hotels, their organizations and the hotel business worldwide.
The new .hotel will enable hotels and the larger hotel community to register their .hotel names next year (2012). This could be a great opportunity for hotels who don’t have theirname.com or a strong keyword.com style domain name.
It will be exciting for hotels to get names like:
It is planned that .hotel domains will be available for registration to all organizations directly associated within global hotel business on a local, national and international level. The registration of .hotel domains shall be exclusively limited to the following hotel community categories:
- Individual Hotels
- Hotel Chains and Hotel Marketing organizations
- International, national and local Associations representing Hotels and Hotel Associations
- Other Organizations representing Hotels and Hotel Owners
It is not clear yet how other organizations involved in hotel industry supply, education, media and management and other business areas will be able to register .hotel domain names.
Yet to be determined:
- Hotel Schools, Universities & Educational Centres
- Hotel Managers Organizations
- Hotel Industry Publications
- Hotel Booking and Online Distribution Platform
- Hotel Property Technology
- Hotel Revenue Optimization
- Hotel Safety and Security
- Hotel Quality, Health and Food
- Hotel Taxation, Legal and Consulting
- Convention and Event Management in Hotels
- Other Hotel Suppliers and Providers
- Other Hotel Industry Stakeholders and Supporters
The anticipated time line for registrations is March 2012, when hotels and the hotel industry will be able to start registering .hotel domain name.
Learn More at www.dothotel.info