Here are a few of the highlights:
The average media site integrated with Facebook has seen a 300% increase in referral traffic.
People who signed in with Facebook at The Huffington Post view 22% more pages.
Like buttons get 3 to 5 times more clicks if:
- Thumbnails of friends are used in the plugin.
- People are allowed to add comments.
- If the Like button appears at both the top and the bottom of the article.
- If the Like button appears near visual content.
Danny also includes tips from Buddy Media’s white paper: How to Make Sure You’re in the News Feed.
1. Ask questions on your Facebook fan page (“Would?” gets the most engagement)
2. Post games and trivia
3. Interact with fans
4. Use wall “sapplets” — coupons, polls & other out-of-the-ordinary posts
5. Use relevant photos
6. Relate to current events
7. Incorporate videos
8. Post time-sensitive content
9. Post links
10. Be explicit in posts
What brands do you pay attention to on Facebook?
What has worked for your business?
Read Danny’s entire article on SearchEngineLand.com.