Though the company has clients in the hospitality industry throughout North America and other parts of the world, Blizzard Internet Marketing, Inc. is very involved in the local Glenwood Springs community. Here are some of the ways that Blizzard staff contributes:
- Each year at Christmas time, Blizzard helps one or more families by working with a local non-profit program, such as Angel Tree and the Family Visitor Programs. Our staff rallies together to collect money and new baby items, then presents it to the family before Christmas.
- Last year, after Hurricane Katrina hit, we knew that many of our customers in the travel and tourism business in the south were affected. To help relieve some pressure, we credited each customer affected by the storm $1,000 toward any of Blizzard’s services. In addition, Trent and Susan Blizzard offered to match the total contribution made by employees (to a resource of their choice), paying the matching funds out of their own pocket. The employees raised $1,180 and, with Susan and Trent’s matching contribution, we donated a total of $2,360 for Hurricane Katrina recovery efforts.
- Blizzard sponsors the Glenwood Springs’ Summer of Jazz concerts. These free concerts are offered in the town’s Two River’s park each Wednesday evening during June and July. We contribute $1,000.
- Blizzard offers free services to non-profit organizations in town, including the St. Barnabas Episcopal Church.
- Blizzard assists the Glenwood Springs Chamber Resort Association and the Rifle Area Chamber with web site services including design, promotion and hosting.
- Blizzard assists in the area’s recreation sites, such as for the Glenwood Springs Community Center, Sunlight Mountain Ski Area, Rifle Creek Golf Course and Glenwood Caverns.
- Blizzard assists many bed and breakfasts and lodging properties in the area with web site design and Internet marketing.
- Blizzard developed and maintains two web sites on behalf of the Glenwood Springs community: www.glenwoodblog.com and www.roaringforkwiki.com.