Let’s face it, small businesses rarely get calls from media outlets looking for interesting topics to cover or who want to randomly give you press coverage; so sometimes you just have to put on your big boy pants and do it yourself.
Do you have a sweet lodging special that is worth promoting? Do a press release. Is your company holding a fund raiser? Do a release. Are you opening up after a remodel? Release the hounds!
Let the people know why you are unique and why they should give your business a try!
Writing a press release isn’t easy and it’s not cheap. Even if you find someone to write about your company it takes time and effort to craft the message that you want to get out. And if someone writes for you there is good chance that that you will make more than a few revisions.
To be a press release hero you are going to need a little bit of help to get moving. After all, you spend so much time and money writing that you want to get the most exposure for your buck, right?
You will need:
- Access to a wide range of media outlets and organization to maximize your efforts
- A platform that will target and distribute to local resources
- Attention from news outlets that are frequently indexed by search engines so you will get Google love
- A solution that not only drives traffic to your website but tracks who is reading your news and who is coming to your website
- A system that is cost effective, quick to distribute and an online interface that is easy to use
The platform we prefer, because it does all of the above in one place, is Vocus. Vocus allows us to streamline public relations efforts, gain maximum search engine visibility and increase website visitors.
News sources naturally get search engine attention, so doing a press release is a straightforward way to get your name out into the webosphere and be hero for your company.
Need guidance with writing or releasing? Let us know! Info@BlizzardInternet.com