Connecting your Google Webmaster Tool account and your Google Analytics account provides better reports in your Google Analytics AND more convenience. This feature was released last week on the Google Webmaster Central Blog.
I especially like having the “Queries” report right in Google Analytics which shows how many impressions my website received in Google search results (by Query), the Click-Thru-Rate and the average ranking. Pretty Handy.
Here are the step-by-step instructions… with a caveat: you must be in the “new version” of Google Analytics, not the old. If your screens look different, you are in the old version. The login to the new version is at the very top of your page.
Here are the step-by-step instructions to integrate these two accounts:
1) Login to Google Analytics and click on the gear to the right of the reporting tabs:
2) Choose “Web Property Settings” tab and fill in the URL info (it will probably already be there):
3) When you click “edit” you will be taken to Google Webmaster Tools to authorize the account. Choose the correct profile then click “save”, then click “add a site to Webmaster Tools.”
4) Then you are taken BACK to Web Property Settings page and you should click “apply.”
5) Then you’ll be able to see the data in Google Analtyics if you click on the “Traffic Sources” and “Search Engine Optimization.”